Mathias Rosenzweig has been promoted to digital director for V Magazine and VMAN. He most recently served as the digital editor for both outlets, a position he has held since 2017. Prior to that, Rosenzweig was an editorial director at Milk Studios and before that worked for VICE Media as senior social editor.
Bloomberg News reporter Tatiana Darie has relocated to the London bureau as a leveraged finance reporter. She spent the past four years on the Bloomberg markets team in New York and before that served as a reporter at Missouri Business Alert. Darie has also previously worked as a producer at KOMU-TV in Missouri.
Alex Plim has been promoted to director of digital content, North America at Time Out. In his new role, he will focus on developing the company's editorial strategy across the U.S. and Canada, covering verticals such as travel, food, drink, art and culture. Plim has been at Time Out since 2012, working in both London and New York in multiple roles, the most recent of which was head of global.
MotorTrend Group has announced several changes in editorial leadership:
- Edward Loh has been named head of editorial for the MotorTrend Group. He oversees 22 brands including Automobile, Hot Rod, Four Wheeler, Super Street, and Lowrider. Loh has been the editor in chief of MotorTrend magazine for the past nine years, and before that served as editor in chief of Sport Compact Care and senior and executive editor for MotorTrend.
- Mark Rechtin has taken the reigns at MotorTrend magazine as editor in chief, succeeding Edward Loh. He was most recently an executive editor for the outlet for three years. In his new position, Lechtin will lead the production of automotive content across all MotorTrend platforms.
- Michael Floyd has been named director of editorial operations, overseeing editorial testing, copy editing, photography, short video, digital and point publishing for the entire MotorTrend Group. Floyd had been the editor in chief of Automotive magazine for five years and was digital director for the seven years prior.
- James “Mac” Morrison has been named editor in chief at Automotive magazine, succeeding Michael Floyd. Most recently, Morrison was the executive editor of the magazine, and before that spent 14 years as an editor for AutoWeek.
- Erik Johnson has been named editor for all daily news output for MotorTrend and Automobile. He was most recently a senior digital editor at Automobile and before that sonnet more than a decade at Care and Driver.
Geena 'The Latina' Aguilar has reunited with Frankie Vinci at San Diego’s KHTS-FM to co-host a new morning show titled “Geena and Frankie” airing weekdays during the 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. timeslot. The duo previously hosted mornings at the stations from 2010 through 2015. Vinci went on to host mornings at WJMN-FM in Boston and later returned to San Diego at KSSX-FM. He rejoined KHTS replacing Steve Kramer. Aguilar has been hosting mornings at the station alongside Kramer since 2016.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
For commentary and coverage on the intersection of journalism, emerging media and blogging, visit Cision’s Beyond Bylines blog.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska