Yahoo! News has promoted Marquise Francis to senior national reporter and producer. He was most recently a national reporter/producer and covered the intersection of politics and culture. Francis joined Yahoo! New in May 2017 as a social content producer and before that spent a little over a year as the social media manager for The History Channel. He has also worked at MSNBC and NBC News.
Delece Smith-Barrow has joined POLITICO as education editor and manages a team of reporters covering national education policy and politics. She was most recently a senior editor at The Hechinger Report and wrote in-depth stories on inequality and innovation in higher education for the nonprofit news outlet that partners with The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Clarion Ledger and many other local and national publications. Prior to that, Smith-Barrow covered higher education for U.S. News & World Report.
The Cut, New York magazine’s site for women, covering style, self, culture, and power, has announced the return of Lindsay Peoples Wagner this time as editor in chief. She succeeds Stella Bugbee, who stepped down in October. Peoples Wagner comes from Teen Vogue, where she has been editor in chief since 2018; she is also the co-founder of the Black In Fashion Council, focused on the advancement of Black people in the fashion and beauty industry. Prior to that, she was The Cut's fashion market editor from 2015 to 2018. Earlier in her career, Peoples Wagner held fashion roles at Style.com, Teen Vogue, and O, The Oprah Magazine.
Yue Stella Yu is the new state government reporter at the Tennessean and covers state politics in Tennessee. She most recently covered local government for The Commercial Dispatch and has covered politics and social issues for papers in Missouri, Utah, Washington, D.C., and Mississippi.
Richard Pratt has joined the Corridor Business Journal in Iowa as a reporter. He comes from GoDaddy, where he spent two years as a hosting support, and before that spent two decades as a digital editor at the Cedar Rapids Gazette. Pratt has also worked at KCRG-TV and Trucking Times magazine.
Bloomberg News has announced several staff changes across the organization:
- Skylar Woodhouse has joined the outlet as a reporter covering the auto industry. She is a recent graduate of Marymount Manhattan College and most recently interned at "The Rachel Maddow Show" at MSNBC.
- Editor Jodi Schneider has relocated from the Hong Kong bureau to the main office in New York, where she will serve as senior editor covering the COVID-19 and vaccine rollout. Schneider has been at Bloomberg since 2010 and joined the Washington bureau as team leader for tax policy. She later expanded her role as a team lead for Congress coverage.
- Ott Ummelas has been promoted to team leader in Oslo, Norway, covering Nordic countries government and economic news. He spent the past 13 years as an economy/government correspondent in Estonia.
KSPR-TV/KYTV-TV, the NBC station in Springfield, Missouri, has shuffled its anchor lineup:
- Longtime anchor Maria Neider has moved from mornings to evenings to anchor the 9 and 10 p.m. shows. She has hosted "Ozarks Today' for several years and has won six Emmys as an anchor and reporter.
- Veteran anchor Lisa Rose now co-anchors the 6 p.m. newscast with Steve Grant and will also begin co-anchoring the noon edition. She has been with the station since 1984.
Nicole Boone is now special events anchor at WBTW-TV, the CBS station in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Boone announced her retirement from the evening desk after 31 years as the 5, 6 and 11 p.m. anchor at the station.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska