Hearst has announced several editorial promotions at Cosmopolitan:
- Jessica Goodman has been named Op-Ed editor. She was previously a senior editor for the magazine and has been on staff since 2017. Prior to that, Goodman was the digital news editor at Entertainment Weekly.
- Rachel Torgerson has been promoted to senior fashion editor at the outlet, upped from fashion editor for Cosmo online and Redbook. She joined Hearst in 2016 for Us Weekly, where she spent a year as an online style and beauty writer.
- Ashley Oerman has been promoted to deputy lifestyle director. She was most recently the senior wellness editor for Cosmo digital and print and has been on staff since 2017. Prior to that, she was a features editor at Ed2010.com.
- Lauren Adhav has been promoted to associate editor, upped from assistant fashion editor for Cosmo online. She joined Hearst in 2017 and before that worked as a production assistant for Moda Operandi.
- Sarah Weldon has also been promoted to associate editor, upped from assistant editor. She has been with the outlet since 2018 when she joined as digital editorial fellow. Weldon has also previously interned at Entertainment Weekly and Nylon.
Lauren S Laughlin will re-join Reuters Breakingviews as global deals editor Jan 2. She was most recently a columnist for The Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street and before that worked at Breakingviews and Reuters for seven years. She has also contributed to Fortune magazine.
CBS News has welcomed David McAlpine as a producer for “CBS This Morning.” He was previously a producer at Fox News and coordinated field production for breaking news and special events coverage across all Fox News Channel and Fox Business platforms. Prior to that, McAlpine spent two years at Wald Disney Television producing the 5 p.m. show for WPVI-TV in Philadelphia.
Bart Shore has joined WLIT-FM radio in Chicago as a host of the late Saturday night show broadcasting from 7 p.m. to midnight. He continues as traffic reporter for Melissa Forman’s weekday morning show at the station. Shore is a veteran traffic voice in Chicago radio and was previously a host for Time Warp Radio with music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Prior to that, he was a reporter for WVVM-AM news radio in Chicago for two decades.
WOIO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio, has hired Kelly Kennedy as a reporter. She spent the past two years as a reporter at WNCN-TV in Raleigh, North Carolina, and before that has reported for WJHG-TV in Panama City, Florida, and KHAS-TV in Nebraska.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska