Jie Jenny Zou
has joined the Los Angeles Times
as an investigative reporter based in the Washington, D.C., bureau. In her new role, she will provide coronavirus coverage. Before joining the LA Times she was as an investigative reporter for the Center for Public Integrity where she served four years. Zou has also held a posts at The New York World and The Herald as a data reporting fellow and government affairs reporter, respectively.
Block Club Chicago
has hired Dawn Rhodes
as senior editor. In her new role, Rhodes will manage a group of reporters who cover Chicago neighborhoods and the most relevant news. Most recently, she was a reporter for the Chicago Tribune where she spent nine years covering high education.
has promoted three staffers to senior editors:
- Alex Konrad, upped from an associate editor, will oversee cloud and venture capital. He previously covered technology on the East Coast.
- Alex Knapp has been elevated to senior editor for healthcare and science. He was also previously an associate editor, a position he held for five years.
- Jeremy Bogaisky is now a senior editor covering the aerospace beat. He has been with Forbes since 2007 when he started as a night editor. Bogaisky has served in many roles since, and has been a key player in generating scoops for breaking news and aerospace.
radio in Peoria, Illinois, has promoted two of its staff:
- Janine Fairchild is now assistant program director. She has been with the station for 14 years and most recently served the morning show co-host and business sponsors director. In her new role, she will continue as morning show co-host alongside her post as assistant program director.
- Rick Smith has been promoted to program director and weekday host. Most recently, Smith served as a lead network engineer for the station and WBGL for 15 years.
Join the Coronavirus Outbreak List
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is a viral epidemic of global concern, with direct repercussions for healthcare, trade, travel, and beyond. If you're seeking related content for this ongoing incident, get added onto Cision's list for coronavirus coverage and receive relevant information about the Coronavirus Outbreak direct from PRs.
To join the Coronavirus Outbreak contact list, please email email@example.com
, putting ‘Coronavirus’ in the Subject, and ‘Subscribe’ in the email body. Journalists can choose to update their details at any time, and even ask to be removed at a later date.
Additionally, if you’re looking for PR help with Coronavirus Outbreak-related editorial (interviews, expert comments, etc.), use our free HARO service to send call outs to PRs. Find out more by visiting www.helpareporter.com
Event: APME Foundation’s NewsTrain digital-skills workshop in Rochester, N.Y.: Train in data, video, social, mobile, podcasting and more.
When: Sept. 25-26, 2020
For the early-bird rate of $75, registrants get two full days of digital training at APME Foundation’s NewsTrain workshop at the RIT Inn & Conference Center in Henrietta, New York. Skills taught include: Developing a data mindset; shooting and editing smarter video; using social media as powerful reporting tools; maximizing Instagram Stories to build your brand and reach new audiences; storytelling on small screens; podcast ideas; following demographic "fault lines" and the power of listening to community organizers. Attendees regularly rate NewsTrain’s training as 4.5, with 5 as highly useful and effective. Register and learn more about the Rochester NewsTrain
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us
Jobs: You can search
a range of vacancies with us, whether it's a permanent, contract or freelance position.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
For commentary and coverage on the intersection of journalism, emerging media and blogging, visit Cision’s Beyond Bylines