GQ has announced the promotion of Geoff Gagnon to executive editor. In his role, he will oversee editorial execution of all GQ's most ambitious features, across platforms. Most recently, Gagnon was the articles editor for GQ and has been on staff since 2014. He has also served as the editorial director of POLITICO and senior editor of The Atlantic before that.
The Washington Post has hired two editors and a reporter:
- Joe Tone has joined the paper as investigations and enterprise editor in Sports, effective Dec. 2. He was most recently the deputy Washington bureau chief at Vice News, where he helped lead the political reporting for Vice News Tonight. Before that, he spent a decade working at alternative weeklies, most recently as editor-in-chief of the Dallas Observer.
- Jennifer Liberto will join The Post as deputy economics editor, helping oversee coverage of the complex and changing economy heading into 2020; she starts Dec. 20. She comes from NPR, where she has worked for the past four years, most recently as deputy business editor. Before that, Liberto was acting executive producer of Weekend All Things Considered.
- Jon Swaine has joined The Post’s rapid response investigative team, effective Dec 9. He was previously a senior reporter for the Guardian and has also served as a U.S.-based correspondent for The Daily Telegraph.
Andale Gross has been named race and ethnicity news editor for the Associated Press, based in Chicago. He leads a national team of reporters charged with breaking news in all formats around how race and ethnicity intersect with politics, criminal justice and other topics. He has been with the AP since 2006 when he joined as a health reporter in the Kansas City, Missouri office. Most recently, Gross served as the central desk editor for the AP in Chicago and has helped lead law enforcement coverage in the Central region.
MSNBC has hired Stephanie Brumsey as a segment producer on the “Kasie DC” show. She comes from Reuters, where she spent the past four years as a producer for the Cyber Risk video series hosted on Reiters.com. Prior to that, Brumsey was a broadcast associate for CBS Newspath.
Eloy Camacho is the new assistant program director/morning show host for KHTH-FM radio in Santa Rosa, California. He was most recently the promotions director and host of afternoons at the station and has been on staff since May 2014.
KZPT-FM radio in Kansas City has bid farewell to one staffer and hired another:
- Imaging director and afternoon host Brody Goodman, who had been with the station in various part-time and full-time roles since 2008, has left the outlet. Prior to KZPT he hosted mornings at KCJK in Kansas City.
- Matt Gapske has rejoined the station as assistant program director and afternoon host. He was most recently the ADP/midway host at WMAD-FM in Madison, Wisconsin, and before that has programmed for WBNW-FM in Binghamton, New York.
Chenue Her is the new reporter for WXIA-TV, the NBC affiliate in Atlanta, Georgia. He comes from WVEC-TV in Norfolk, Virginia, where he spent the past four years as a weekday reporter and multimedia journalist. He has also reported for KEZI-TV in Eugene, Oregon.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska