Money will welcome Samantha Sharf in mid-June as real estate editor. She comes from Forbes, where she had spent her entire journalism career, initially as an intern and most recently as the sole real estate reporter covering the industry across asset classes, geographies and story types.
Emefa Agawu will join the Washington Post Editorial Board in early July 2020. She will write editorials on social policy, with an emphasis on developments in state capitals and big cities around the country, and on other issues. Agawu has written about technology for The Post's Opinions section since March. She has previously researched technology policy at the Center for Security and Emerging Technology and at New America, where she is a cybersecurity policy fellow.
The San Francisco Chronicle has welcomed back Demian Bulwa, this time as managing editor. He was at the paper for 20 years between 2000 and 2020 and mostly worked in Metro as editor. He left the outlet in January 2020 to join Protocol as head of investigations.
Nexstar Media Group has announced the roster of anchors and correspondents for "News Nation," the daily newscast which will air from 7 to 10 p.m. seven nights a week, and set to debut in September on WGN America:
- Joe Donlon, current evening news anchor on WGN-TV in Chicago, has been named lead anchor of the program. He will broadcast Monday through Friday. Before joining WGN-TV in 2018, Donlon spent 20 years at KGW-TV in Portland, Oregon, as anchor.
- Marni Houghes will join Donlon as weeknight anchor. She comes from KCPQ-TV in Seattle, where she served as anchor/reporter for nine years.
- Rob Nelson has been named breaking news anchor for "News Nation." He was most recently an anchor on WABC-TV in New York.
- Rudabeh Shahbazi has been named weekend anchor. She was most recently the evening anchor at WFOR-TV in Miami for five years.
- Joining Shahbazi on the weekend anchor desk is Nicole Berlie. She is currently the weekend anchor and weekday reporter at WCVB-TV in Boston and will relocate to Chicago in September.
- Aaron Nolan has been named weekend breaking news anchor. He was most recently an anchor at KARK-TV in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Longtime WGN-TV anchor and reporter Tom Negovan, who left the station in February after 15 years, will rejoin the staff as New York-based correspondent.
- Nancy Loo, who signed off WGN-TV in May after 10 years, will become the program's West Coast correspondent.
- Markie Martin has been named Dallas-based correspondent. She was most recently the weekday morning anchor at KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Brian Entin, current investigative reporter at WSVN-TV in Miami, will become Miami correspondent for "News Nation." He has been with WSVN-TV since 2016.
Be a Live Guest on Cision's Take 5 Series!
The Take 5 sessions is a bi-weekly series hosted by Cision where we discuss today’s top media trends, everyday tips for PR pros on how to best work with journalists, and the state of the industry. If you’d like to be considered as a speaker for this series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska