POLITICO has hired Zachary Brennan as a reporter covering FDA regulations as part of the outlet’s expanded coverage of pharma policy. Brennan will also serve as an expert contributor to Politico’s Agency IQ platform. He spent the past five years at RF Today, most recently as managing editor.
CALMatters has brought on Barbara Feder Ostrov as a contributing writer covering Coronavirus/COVID-19. She was most recently a senior corresponded for Kaiser Health News, where she reported on healthcare policy. Feder Ostrov has also covered healthcare for ReportingOnHealth.org and the Boston Globe.
"Pivot” the weekly podcast launched in 2018 by Vox Media, is now part of New York magazine's roster. Co-host Kara Swisher has been named editor at large for the magazine.She will continue as a producer for Recode and a contributor for The New York Times. The podcast will continue to focus on original insights, critiques of power and the powerful, and the place to go for business and investment insights and new ways to understand today’s business and tech landscape.
CNN Business redesigned its newsroom and has announced the establishment of a Newsdesk alongside five Beat Teams – Tech, Media, Markets, Transportation and Consumer. With that, come several promotions and staff updates:
- Allison Morrow will join CNN Business as senior editor on the Newsdesk, effective May 4. She has been at CNN Digital for nearly four years as a senior leader on the social publishing team that runs our flagship accounts. She has previously spent nearly a decade at The Wall Street Journal in several leadership positions, including international news editor and chief Asia news editor.
- Logan Whiteside has been named supervising producer on the Video team. He will lead the team of producers who push the bounds of video storytelling and find new ways to make business and tech video interesting, visual and timely. Whiteside has been with CNN since 2011 and spent the past four years as a lead producer at CNN Business.
- Kathryn Vasel is now a senior writer, upped from a reporter. She offers career advice and insights on workplace culture for the brand-new CNN Business newsletter, Work Transformed. Vasel joined CNN in 2014.
- Laurie Frankel has been promoted to producer II on the Live Experiences team, where she has produced "Markets Now," a live stream show every Wednesday from the NYSE. She is a longtime CNN Business producer and has been n staff since 1996.
- Richa Naik is now also a producer II on the Business Video team. In the past year, Richa has led video for Risk Takers, produced interviews with Jamie Dimon and Sundar Pichai. She has been with CNN since 2012.
Join the Coronavirus Outbreak List
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is a viral epidemic of global concern, with direct repercussions for healthcare, trade, travel, and beyond. If you're seeking related content for this ongoing incident, get added onto Cision's list for coronavirus coverage and receive relevant information about the Coronavirus Outbreak direct from PRs.
To join the Coronavirus Outbreak contact list, please email email@example.com, putting ‘Coronavirus’ in the Subject, and ‘Subscribe’ in the email body. Journalists can choose to update their details at any time, and even ask to be removed at a later date.
Additionally, if you’re looking for PR help with Coronavirus Outbreak-related editorial (interviews, expert comments, etc.), use our free HARO service to send call outs to PRs. Find out more by visiting www.helpareporter.com
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska