The New York Times has named Lauretta Charlton editor in the Hong Kong bureau. She joined the paper in 2018 on the National desk as the editor of Race/Related and since then she has helped guide coverage of race. Before joining The Times, Charlton worked at The New Yorker as well as New York Magazine.
Katy Daigle is the new climate change editor for Reuters; she is based in the Washington bureau.She spent the past two years as deputy news editor and climate editor at Science News, and before that spent several years at the Associated Press covering the environment from the Caribbean, London and New Delhi.
Ars Technica, the website covering news and opinions in technology, science, politics, and society, has welcomed Corey Gaskin as senior commerce writer. He comes from Digital Trends, where he spent the past year as associate mobile editor. Prior to that, Gaskin worked at PhoneArena.
Sportico, the upcoming digital sports business content platform owned by Penske Media, has announced several new hires:
- Award-winning sports journalist Barry M. Bloom has joined the staff as senior writer. He previously wrote a sports-business column for Forbes for two years and has covered baseball on and off the field for MLB.com from 2002 until 2018.
- Eben Novy-Williams, a longtime sports business journalist who spent the past decade at Bloomberg News, has joined Sportico as a reporter.
- Jacob Feldman has joined the staff as sport business reporter. He was most recently a writer for Sports Illustrated where he covered the NFL and sports media for four years.
- Peter Schwartz is the new senior reporter at Sportico covering sports law and valuations. Schwartz is also an attorney.
- Corey Leff, founder and editor of John Wall Street, has joined Sportico as a reporter covering sports business. His vertical, John Wall Street, is currently hosted on SI.com but will transition to the Sportico site in the near future.
- Lev Akabas has joined the staff as junior data reporter. He has previously interned for The New York Times, written pieces for SLAM Magazine, and edited for The Cornell Daily Sun for two years.
- Michael McCann will join Sportico as a reporter covering sports law on June 8. He has been a legal analyst and writer for Sports Illustrated since 2007.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska