Business Insider has made a handful of new hires and promotions across the organization:
- Candy Cheng will join the staff Nov. 30 as a senior correspondent covering venture capital and tech startups. She was most recently an executive producer of "Bloomberg Studios 1.0," Bloomberg TV's long-form interview series.
- Rachel Premack has joined the outlet's Investigative team as a senior reporter. She spent two years covering transportation at Business Insider as a senior reporter, and before that reported on labor news, careers and workplace.
- Daniel A. Gross has joined the Investigative Team as an editor. He has previously worked as senior associate editor of Atlas Obscura and web contributor at New York magazine, and has also contributed to New York Times Opinion, The Guardian, and Literary Hub.
- Claire Atkinson will join Business Insider in November as senior media correspondent. She spent the past three years at NBC News as senior media editor and before that worked for the New York Post.
- Melkorka Licea has joined the staff as senior wealth reporter covering the lifestyles of the rich and famous. She was previously with the New York Post for six years and has worked as news reporter, enterprise reporter, and features reporter.
- Hayley Peterson has been promoted to director of business news, upped from chief correspondent. She has been with Business Insider for seven years and has written breaking news, analysis, and in-depth investigations on large public and private companies, with an emphasis on retailers including Amazon, Walmart, major grocery chains, and department stores.
SC Media has welcomed Derek B. Johnson as a senior reporter covering cybersecurity with a focus on technology innovation and threat intelligence. He comes from Federal Computer Week where he covered government-wide IT policy and cybersecurity. Prior to that, Johnson freelanced for the Washington Post, GoodCall News, Washington Technology, among others. SC Media magazine covers the business and art of cybersecurity.
Olivia Goldhill has joined STAT as investigative reporter covering corporate and government response to the COVID-19 pandemic. She comes from Quartz, where she most recently served as science reporter. Prior to that, she worked for Telegraph Media Group in London as a business reporter and features reporter. STAT reports on health, medicine, life sciences and the fast-moving business of making medicines.
KSKS-FM (93.7) in Fresno, California, has appointed Andy Winford program director. He will continue his role as PD for KATM-FM (KAT Country) in Modesto, California, and will commute between the two markets. He joined KATM-FM in 2015 and before that serves as brand manager for KIT-AM/FM and KATS-FM in Yakima, Washington.
Gary Cee has joined WABT-FM (Pocono 96.7) in Barre-Scranton, Pennsylvania, as general manager and morning show host. He comes from iHeartMedia in Sussex, New Jersey, where he served as SVP/Programming.
WYGR-FM (94.9 Jethro FM) in Grand Rapids, Michigan, has named Dave Conrad midday host. He is on-air weekdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Conrad comes from WBCT-FM (B93) in Grand Rapids, where he hosted afternoons. He had departed WBCT as part of iHeartMedia’s January layoffs after 27 years with the station.
Be a Live Guest on Cision's Take 5 Series!
The Take 5 sessions is a bi-weekly series hosted by Cision where we discuss today’s top media trends, everyday tips for PR pros on how to best work with journalists, and the state of the industry. If you’d like to be considered as a speaker for this series, please email email@example.com.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska