Kait Bolongaro has joined Bloomberg’s Ottawa bureau as a government reporter. Most recently, she was working freelance covering broad issues in the European Union politics and policy. Before that, she was a correspondent at The Capitol Forum and has reported for Politico Europe covering international issues.
The Washington Post has announced two promotions:
- Kyle Swenson has joining the Social Issues team to cover poverty and inequality. He was most recently a fellow on the National Enterprise team, and before that spent two years on the Morning Mix team.
- Nicki DeMarco has been promoted to senior producer for breaking news video on the Universal Desk. In her new role, she handles daily news coverage and leads a team focused on getting video out fast. DeMarco has been with The Post since 2012.
Emily L. Mahoney will move to St. Petersburg, Florida, at the end of March to cover real estate for the Tampa Bay Times. She currently covers state’s capital and the politics surrounding it for the publication out of Tallahassee, Florida. Mahoney has been on staff since 2018 and before that served as a Cronkite data fellow at the Houston Chronicle.
Thom Kupper is the new assistant managing editor of news for the Minneapolis Star Tribune. He spent the past five years as an assistant managing editor for the business team at the paper and has been a longtime staff member, having joined in 2002.
Money-Media, Inc’s BoardIQ and Ignites have hired Adrian D. Garcia as data reporter. He was previously a contributor at Marijuana Business Daily and before that, worked at Bankrate as a data analyst and covered credit cards and personal finance.
KRSK-FM radio in Portland, Oregon, has unveiled its new morning team, and a new hire for afternoons:
- Jamie Tanchyk is the new assistant program director and afternoon host. She was previously an ADP and midday host at KHTP-FM in Seattle.
- Michael Vezzola has joined the station as a morning show co-host. He has been with Entercom since 2018, most recently at sister station WTIC-FM in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Liz Luedeman has joined as a morning show co-host for KRSK-FM. She arrives from Flinn Broadcasting in Memphis, Tennessee, where she served as a morning show co-host and Promotions Director.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
For commentary and coverage on the intersection of journalism, emerging media and blogging, visit Cision’s Beyond Bylines blog.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska