Mallory Hackett is the new associate editor for Healthcare Finance News and MobiHealthNews, covering healthcare, the healthcare industry, healthcare regulation and policy, finance, medical technology, and mobile communications. She is based in Boston. Hackett comes from Her Campus Media, a brand for college women and award-winning college marketing firm.
The 19th will welcome Shefali Luthra as healthcare reporter. She is currently wrapping up her duties as healthcare correspondent for Kaiser Health News. Before that she was editor in chief and president of Brown Daily Herald Inc. and has also written for The Washington Post, NPR, USA Today, The Atlantic, CNN Health and The Daily Beast.
Sportico, the upcoming sports business site from Penkse Media, has continued to hire new staff:
- Sarah Kwak has joined the staff as editor. She comes from Sports Illustrated where she spent the past three years as senior editor. She had been with the magazine since 2007, when she joined as a reporter.
- Matt Bok has joined as managing editor. He was previously an associate editor at Front Office Sports and before that worked as a web producer/editor for Bloomberg.
- Mike Freeman has joined as sports business reporter. He previously covered the NFL for Bleacher Report and has written for The New York Times, Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Boston Globe, Florida Times-Union and CBSSports.com.
- Anthony Crupi has joined as sports media reporter. He has previously worked for Ad Age, Adweek and Cablefax.
- Emily Caron has joined the staff as junior sports business reporter. She was previously a reporter at Front Office Sports and before that wrote for Sports Illustrated.
Former Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh to has returned to syndication at WCGO-AM radio in Chicago and their national platform the GAB Radio Network. "The Joe Walsh Show,” made its debut on June 1, and is on-air Monday through Friday. Walsh previously hosted afternoons at WIND Chicago from 2014 until announcing his intent to run as a Republican challenger to Donald Trump for President last August.
Martin Ortiz has been named the news director of KFSN-TV, the ABC affiliate in Fresno, California. He was most recently executive producer for weekday editions of ABC7 Mornings (4:30-7 a.m.) and Midday Live (11 a.m.) at KGO-TV and had been with the station since 2012. Prior to that, Ortiz worked as news producer for Cox Television and KFSN-TV.
Be a Live Guest on Cision's Take 5 Series!
The Take 5 sessions is a bi-weekly series hosted by Cision where we discuss today’s top media trends, everyday tips for PR pros on how to best work with journalists, and the state of the industry. If you’d like to be considered as a speaker for this series, please email email@example.com.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska