Harper's Bazaar has tapped Nikki Ogunnaike to lead the magazine's website as digital director. This is a return for Ogunnaike at Hearst. She has previously worked for Elle's digital team and rose to style director before leaving for Conde Nast's GQ, where she spent the past year as the deputy fashion editor.
Caitlin Dickerson, the national immigration reporter at The New York Times, will join The Atlantic in January 2021 as a staff writer covering immigration. Dickerson, who is also a CNN political analyst, has been at The Times since 2016 and broke the news about changes in deportation and detention policy, and profiled the lives of immigrants. Before that, she was an investigative reporter at NPR and was awarded a Peabody Award for an NPR series on race-based testing of mustard gas on American troops in World War II.
Tech news site Protocol has elevated Mike Murphy to special projects director. He has been at the publication since 2019 as its transformation editor and has since focused on the industries being rapidly upended by technology, and the companies that are disrupting their incumbents. Before Protocol, Murphy spent five years at Quartz and technology editor.
Rebecca Ayers has joined FinLedger as a reporter covering the B2B fintech industry. She comes from the Dallas Business Journal, where she most recently reported on commercial banking, private equity, family offices, mergers and acquisitions, and finance. Prior to that, Ayers was a reporting intern at GrepBeat, an online newspaper focusing on technology in the Research Triangle Park area in Durham, North Carolina.
Business Insider has announced two new hires and a promotion:
- Nicole Einbinder has been promoted to senior reporter, investigations. She joined the publication in 2019 as a news reporter and most recently served as a reporter on the investigations desk. Prior to that, Einbinder worked for Vanity Fair as a freelance researcher.
- Josh Barro will return to Business Insider in December as a columnist writing about politics, business and the economy. He was most recently a business columnist at New York magazine and has been on staff since 2018 writing for Intelligencer. Prior to that, Barro was a senior editor at Business Insider and a correspondent for The New York Times before that.
- Lara O'Reilly has joined the staff as media and advertising editor based in London. She was previously a senior correspondent at Digiday and before that worked for Yahoo Finance as an executive producer on the video series "Global Change Agents with Lianna Brinded."
WIAT-TV, the CBS station in Birmingham, Alabama, has shuffled its morning and evening anchor desks:
- Art Franklin has moved to evening and has joined Sherri Jackson to co-anchor the news at 4, 5, 6 and 10 p.m.
- Jack Royer has moved to the morning show after spending the past two years co-anchoring evenings.
William Cummings is the new news director overseeing news coverage for KIFI-TV, the ABC station in Idaho Falls, Idaho. He was previously a real-time editor at KSTU-TV in Salt Lake City and has also previously worked for KFSM-TV in Fort Smith, Arkansas, and WICU-TV in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Be a Live Guest on Cision's Take 5 Series!
The Take 5 sessions is a bi-weekly series hosted by Cision where we discuss today’s top media trends, everyday tips for PR pros on how to best work with journalists, and the state of the industry. If you’d like to be considered as a speaker for this series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska