The Charlotte Observer has welcomed Catherine “Kitty” Muccigrosso as retail reporter. She was most recently an assistant editor at the Rock Hill Herald, a position she has held since 2004. Muccigrosso has also served as the Charlotte/Rock Hill Saturday editor until this spring, and recently subbed on the editing desk at the Observer.
Newsday Media Group has sold amNewYork, the free New York subway tabloid, to Schneps Media. With that came several layoffs at the newspaper with the number of newsroom employees cut to seven from 16. Robert Pozarycki has become the editor in chief of amNewYork and has assumed the responsibilities of the publication’s digital editor, Polly Higgins, and print editor, Robert Levin. Pozarycki is also the top editor of The Queens Courier, a Schneps Media publication.
Newsday has recruited three of the journalists who had lost their jobs at amNewYork:
- Lisa Colangelo has joined the staff as a reporter covering health. She was most recently a reporter for two years at amNewYork and before that covered City Hall for the New York Daily News.
- Robert Levin is the new deputy assistant managing editor for breaking news at Newsday. He was most recently the editor in chief of amNewYork for two years and had been on staff with the tabloid since 2008.
- Meghan Giannotta has joined the staff as assistant lifestyle editor. She was most recently the features editor of amNewYork for three years, and before that worked for Newsday as social media coordinator.
Christiana Lilly is the new managing editor of Luxe Interiors + Design magazine. She handles coverage of homes for South Florida and New York City, and design news and briefs for South Florida, New York City, Chicago, Arizona, Texas and the Pacific Northwest. Lilly was most recently the web editor at Boca magazine and has also freelanced for the Miami Herald’s Indulge magazine, Fort Lauderdale magazine, South Florida Gay News, and more.
The Wall Street Journal has added additional coverage to two of its retail reporters:
- Retail reporter Sarah Nassauer now covers Best Buy and Target as part of her general beat of corporate retail. She will continue reporting on news about Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, and Lowe’s. She has been at The Journal since 2005 and has covered retail since 2008.
- Retail reporter Suzanne Kapner has added Gap and lululemon to her roster of retailers she covers. She will continue to report on Macy's, J.C. Penny, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Michael Kors, and Polo. She has been with The Journal since 2011 and before that worked for The Financial Times as a business reporter.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska