Laurryn Thomas has joined The State as a reporter covering retail. She was most recently an intern at the paper where she covered the City Council and retail. Thomas is a recent graduate of the University of South Carolina and has also interned at Dow Jones News Fund at The Greenville News where she covered a range of local business, health and community issues topics. The State is a daily newspaper published in Columbia, South Carolina.
The Star Tribune, the largest daily newspaper in Minnesota, has reshuffled coverage of four business reporters, and announced the promotion of another:
- Nicole Norfleet now covers retail, including Target, Best Buy, the Mall of America and other malls. She has been at the paper since 2010 and most recently covered commercial real estate. Before that, she served as a reporting intern at the Associated Press.
- Kavita Kumar now covers the economy, financial services and manufacturing reports. She previously covered retail and has been on staff since 2013. Prior to that, she worked as a retail and consumer affairs reporter at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Dee DePass is now on the commercial real estate beat. She previously covered manufacturing and companies such as 3M and Essar Steel. DePass has been at the paper since 2000 and has also covered banking, workplace issues and economics.
- Jackie Crosby now covers workplace issues. She is a longtime Star Tribune reporter and has been on staff since 1994. Most recently Crosby served as a general assignment business reporter and at times wrote about retail.
- Emma Nelson will become the editor of the Suburban Team on Nov. 30. She is currently a reporter at the paper covering St. Paul City Hall. Nelson has been at the paper since 2014 and has covered Minneapolis neighborhoods and livability issues, ranging from housing and transportation to historic preservation and the environment, as well as the suburban metro, including local government and suburban trends.
Modern Retail has hired Michael Waters as a reporter covering Amazon with a focus on the ins and outs of the reinvention of the retail industry. He comes from The Hustle, where he was a staff writer writing under-the-radar stories. Waters has also previously interned at The Washington Monthly, Smithsonian Institution and The Outline.
Trajan Warren has joined the Triad Business Journal as a reporter covering healthcare, innovation, banking, finance, technology, life sciences and higher education in the Triad area. He was previously an intern at the outlet and before hay served as the managing editor if The East Carolinian, the campus newspaper of East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina.
WTOL-TV, the CBS station in Toledo, Ohio, will welcome Tiffany Tarpley Dec. 7 as a weekday morning anchor. She is currently wrapping up her duties as a reporter at WKYC-TV in Cleveland, a position she has held since 2014, and her last day at the station is Dec. 4. This will be Tarpley's second stint at WTOL-TV. She joined the station in the early aughts and right after college as an editor, photographer, and fill-in anchor.
Jessi Miller Bradley has been promoted to news director overseeing all news coverage for WBZ-TV, the CBS station in Boston. Miller Bradley started her career at the station back in 1997, and has since worked as special projects producer, and since 2018 as the digital channel's executive producer.
Be a Live Guest on Cision's Take 5 Series!
The Take 5 sessions is a bi-weekly series hosted by Cision where we discuss today’s top media trends, everyday tips for PR pros on how to best work with journalists, and the state of the industry. If you’d like to be considered as a speaker for this series, please email email@example.com.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska