Marie Claire has announced several promotions and a new hire for both its print and digital platforms:
- Sally Holmes has been promoted to executive editor for print and online. She was previously the digital detector of Marie Claire and joined the staff in 2018 after several years at Elle.
- Danielle McNally has been promoted to deputy editor, upped from director of features and special projects of MarieClaire.com. She has been on staff since 2017 and before that worked for Cosmopolitan, Details, and Shape magazine.
- Carl Kelsch has been promoted to deputy managing editor after five years as Marie Claire’s assistant managing editor. He is also a screenwriter and has produced many short films and videos.
- Chelsea Hall has been upped to assistant beauty and fashion editor. She was most recently the executive assistant to the editor in chief and creative director and joined Marie Claire in May 2019. Prior to that she was a fashion assistant at InStyle.
- Neha Prakash has joined the team as senior news and culture editor. Prior to that, she was a freelance editor at Glamour and a senior editor at Brides before that. Prakash has also served as deputy editor at Conde Nast and managed a team for the Social News Desk across 12 brands.
Troy Brynelson is the new reporter/producer for Oregon Public Broadcasting covering Southwest Washington. He comes from the Salem Reporter where he covered government and business for two years, Prior to that, he worked for The Columbian as a business reporter.
The Washington Post will welcome Darran Simon March 2 as a reporter covering D.C. government and politics. He is currently wrapping up his duties at CNN online, where he has been a senior writer since 2016.
WSIL-TV, the ABC station in Harrisburg, Illinois, and serving Southern Illinois, Southeast Missouri, and the Purchase area of Western Kentucky, has announced several staff promotions:
- Victoria Idoni has been named co-anchor of the evening news at 5, 6, 6:30 and 10 p.m. Previously she worked as an anchor/reporter at WTOL in Toledo, Ohio for Tegna and Raycom. She has also worked for iHeartMedia and Gannett for many years.
- Jason Hurst has been named sports director. He has a long tenure in television sports serving in markets from Jackson, Mississippi, to Tallahassee, Florida, to his most recent post at KAIT-TV in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
- Kendra Sheehan has joined the staff as weekend sports anchor. She was previously a digital content reporter at Nexstar Media Group, and before that reported for NCC News in Syracuse, New York.
- Maya Skinner has joined the station as multimedia journalist. She most recently served as Saturday morning live reporter at KOMU-TV in Columbia, Missouri.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
For commentary and coverage on the intersection of journalism, emerging media and blogging, visit Cision’s Beyond Bylines blog.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Anna Marevska