Words aren't enough; we as communicators need to follow our words from this past week with actions. We want to start by sharing a list of great resources we've collected recently to help PR and comms professionals increase the diversity and inclusion in their communications.
These pieces touch on everything from difficult internal conversations your teams might be having right now, to writing more empathetic and meaningful content for your brand or a brand you're working with.
Have you seen a great piece we missed, or know of another helpful resource? Please share it with us on Twitter @Cision and we'll update this post with it.
"Diversity benefits everyone. In 2018 McKinsey released a study of 1,000 global companies and found that increased gender and ethnic diversity is correlated with profitability, resulting in a 33% increase in performance."
- PR News
- How Companies Can Avoid Making Empty Statements About Diversity
- It’s Time to Get Uncomfortable
- Diversity and Inclusion Needs Less Talk, More Action
- Navigating authenticity and openness in the face of racial injustice
- Let's Get to Work
- Say No to Pandering, Yes to Cause-Aligned Marketing: Katie Martell on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- ‘Stand for something’: As protests continue, tone-deaf influencer marketing is in the spotlight
- 5 Steps to Create Empathetic Content Right Now [Examples]
- PR Pros Discuss Leading the Conversation at Work About Race and Racial Injustice
- How to Do Diverse and Inclusive Content Marketing That Matters
- LinkedIn Offers Free Courses in Diversity and Inclusion to Improve Community Understanding
Rita Mitjans, ADP’s chief diversity and social responsibility officer, says: "Diversity is the ‘what’; inclusion is the ‘how’.”
-Content Marketing Institute
We hope this short list can serve as a starting point for you and your team. Let's do better, together.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Sarah Parker